Derby Timer™ Single Lane Track Timer
A single lane Derby Timer™ is perfect for a basement or garage test track, to test and tune your cars prior to a race event!
Derby Timer is designed to be an affordable but fully featured single lane timer, that can be expanded with add-on lanes for multi-lane tracks.
Even with one lane, every run is a race!
Each run is compared to the previous run, and place is shown (1st or 2nd), along with time differential.
(Here is a video I made a while ago with my son, using a pre-production model. Shipping units have some minor cosmetic differences, and do not show time until after the car finishes; but have much higher timing precision.)
Derby Timer™ Hardware Features:
- 1/2500 (0.0004) second precision
- 1/1000s on display, 1/2500 on USB Serial
- Bright 1" Place Digit Display
- 4 Digit Lane Time Display at .56"
- Potential to add lanes later
- Powered by USB (PC and/or phone charger not included)
- Serial USB connection at no extra cost
- FCC Class B Tested/Compliant Device
What's Included with Derby Timer™?
- Derby Timer Finish Line
- Under track mount sensors
- 15' USB Cable
- Magnetic starting gate switch (GATE NOT INCLUDED...build one suited to your track)
- 50' starting gate wire
What NOT included with Derby Timer™?
- USB power supply...use a 500ma+ cell phone charger, or a PC.
- Starting gate...build a gate suited to your particular track. The (included) gate proximity switch can be screwed or glued on.
- Event management software...Derby Timer includes as text based PC interface that can be accessed through a COM port, with software like TerraTerm, or GrandPrix Race Manager Pro. Derby Timer is great, stand-alone, without any PC software required.
Awana is a registered trademark of Awana Clubs International.
Cub Scouts, Pinewood Derby and Space Derby are registered trademarks of the Boy Scouts of America.