Derby Timer™ - Pinewood Derby Timer
[3/29/2015] We are done producing complete timers for the 2014-2015 season. If you would like to design and build your own stand and enclosure, an electronics only pinewood derby timer kit is available here.
Derby Timer™ is designed to be an affordable but fully featured track timer for Pinewood Derby style racing.
- FREE SHIPPING via 2-3 day Priority Mail.
After experiencing my first AWANA Grand Prix and Cub Scout Pinewood Derby with my kids, I was shocked at the high cost of finish line timers. The cost was just too high for these non-profit kid centered organizations. I thought I could build a better derby timer at a more affordable price. The result is Derby Timer™.
Derby Timer™ Displays:
- Finish order of each lane, on a 1" digit
- 4 digit lane time, displayed at .56"
- Lane time display alternates to show lane time difference from first place car
- Lane number display at .39" (no confusion!)
- 1/2000 second accuracy [4 lane]
- Serial USB connection ability (at no extra cost!)
- Official supported in GrandPrix Race Manager v14 event management software. Select "Derby Timer" in the "Hardware Settings" screen.
- 3.5" lane width (Contact for custom width)
- FCC Class B Tested/Compliant Device
What's Included with Derby Timer™?
- Derby Timer Finish Line Display
- Under track mount sensors
- 15' USB Cable
- Magnetic starting gate switch (GATE NOT INCLUDED...build one suited to your track)
- 50' starting gate wire
What NOT included with Derby Timer™?
- USB power supply...use a 500ma+ cell phone charger, get power adapter here, or use a PC.
- Starting gate...build a gate suited to your particular track. The (included) gate proximity switch can be screwed or glued on.
- Event management software...Derby Timer includes as text based PC interface that can be accessed through a COM port, with software like TerraTerm, or GrandPrix Race Manager Pro. Derby Timer is great, stand-alone, without any PC software required.
- Want to use a PC, and prefer to have it at the starting line? A USB Extension is available to allow the PC to be up to 47' from the finish line.
Awana is a registered trademark of Awana Clubs International.
Cub Scouts, Pinewood Derby and Space Derby are registered trademarks of the Boy Scouts of America.