Derby Timer™ DIY Kit - Build Your Own Enclosure
DIY Kit only includes the bare electronics, cables, and magnetic gate switch. Everything from the standard Derby Timer is included, but there are no stand or display enclosure parts included.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to design and build the enclosure and stand.
Each overhead lane display must be mounted directly over the corresponding under-track board. It is recommended that the under track sensors be 6" or less from the overhead display boards.
Transparent red acrylic (color 2423 NOT INCLUDED) is suggested as a "lens" on both sides of the display boards to hide the electronics.
Derby Timer™ is designed to be an affordable but fully featured track timer for Pinewood Derby style racing.
- FREE SHIPPING via 2-3 day Priority Mail.
After experiencing my first AWANA Grand Prix and Cub Scout Pinewood Derby with my kids, I was shocked at the high cost of finish line timers. The cost was just too high for these non-profit kid centered organizations. I thought I could build a better derby timer at a more affordable price. The result is Derby Timer™.
Derby Timer™ Displays:
- Finish order of each lane, on a 1" digit
- 4 digit lane time, displayed at .56"
- Lane time display alternates to show lane time difference from first place car
- Lane number display at .39" (no confusion!)
- 1/2000 second accuracy [4 lane]
- Serial USB connection ability (at no extra cost!)
- Official supported in GrandPrix Race Manager v14 event management software. Select "Derby Timer" in the "Hardware Settings" screen.
- 3.5" lane width (Contact for custom width)
- FCC Class B Tested/Compliant Device
What's Included with Derby Timer™?
- Derby Timer Finish Line Display
- Under track mount sensors
- 15' USB Cable
- Magnetic starting gate switch (GATE NOT INCLUDED...build one suited to your track)
- 50' starting gate wire
What NOT included with Derby Timer™?
- USB power supply...use a 500ma+ cell phone charger, get power adapter here, or use a PC.
- Starting gate...build a gate suited to your particular track. The (included) gate proximity switch can be screwed or glued on.
- Event management software...Derby Timer includes as text based PC interface that can be accessed through a COM port, with software like TerraTerm, or GrandPrix Race Manager Pro. Derby Timer is great, stand-alone, without any PC software required.
- Want to use a PC, and prefer to have it at the starting line? A USB Extension is available to allow the PC to be up to 47' from the finish line.
Awana is a registered trademark of Awana Clubs International.
Cub Scouts, Pinewood Derby and Space Derby are registered trademarks of the Boy Scouts of America.